Sacred Heart consistently meets and exceeds the needs of our student community and renowned faculty. The media and the world have recognized our commitment to excellence in higher education. Notable rankings include:
- US News & World Report ranked Sacred Heart one of the top universities in the North, as well as among the institutions with the Best Online Programs (2015)
- The Princeton Review includes Sacred Heart in the latest edition of The Best 380 Colleges in 2015
- Sacred Heart has been selected for membership in the Colleges of Distinction, among approximately 200 colleges and universities in the country recognized for outstanding student engagement, great teaching, vibrant communities, and successful student outcomes
- SHU is ranked one of the top colleges in New England, according to GoLocal's “Super Ranking: Top New England Colleges 2014”
- SHU’s MSN program is ranked among the Top 50 Best Value Online MSN Programs of 2015 by Value Colleges
- Ranked among the Best Online Colleges in Connecticut for 2015-2016 by Affordable Colleges Online
- Ranked among the Top 10 Best Colleges for Veterans (North region) by U.S News & World Report (2014)
- All of SHU's nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)1.
- SHU’s MSAP program is ranked among the 50 Best Online Master’s in Psychology 2016 by SuperScholar
Sacred Heart is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges. Additionally, our Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Additional Information About Accreditation:
Sacred Heart University is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Inc. through its Commission on Institutions of Higher Education.
Accreditation of an institution of higher education by the New England Association indicates that it meets or exceeds criteria for the assessment of institutional quality periodically applied though a peer review process. An accredited college or university is one which has available the necessary resources to achieve its stated purposes through appropriate educational programs, is substantially doing so, and gives reasonable evidence that it will continue to do so in the foreseeable future. Institutional integrity is also addressed through accreditation.
Accreditation by the New England Association is not partial but applies to the institution as a whole. As such, it is not a guarantee of every course or program offered, or the competence of individual graduates. Rather, it provides reasonable assurance about the quality of opportunities available to students who attend the institution.
Inquiries regarding the accreditation status by the New England Association should be directed to the administrative staff of the institution. Individuals may also contact:
Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
209 Burlington Road
Bedford, MA 01730-1433
1 The nursing programs at Sacred Heart University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791
Sacred Heart University meets the standards set forth in the rules of the Texas Higher Educations Coordination Board and is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code; Sacred Heart University is approved and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the Connecticut Board of Higher Education, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges-Room 226-T
101 East 15th Street
Austin, Texas 78778-001