Clinical Associate Professor, Doctor of Nursing Practice Program
Degrees and Certifications
- JAHF & Atlantic Philanthropies Claire M. Fagin Fellow
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholar Alumnus
- PhD, Wayne State University
- Post-Master’s Certificate – Sleep, University of Pennsylvania
- MSN, University of Michigan
- BSN, University of Michigan
- Gerontological Nurse Practitioner - Board Certified, ANCC
- Professional Gerontologist, National Association of Professional Gerontologists (NAPG)
- Online DNP Program
Research Interests & Grants:
- Sleep, Chronobiology, and Health
- Global Health Nursing
- Distance Education
- Spirituality and Health
- Chickering, M., Spies, L., Keating, S., & Etcher, L. (2018, February). Nurses International White Paper: Nurses International’s framework for nursing education in low-resource countries. Retrieved from Nurses International Website: https://nursesinternational.org/nurses-internationals-framework-for-nursing-education-in-low-resource-countries/
- Padhye, N. S., Bergstrom, N., Rapp, M. P., Etcher, L., & Redeker, N. S. (2017). Pressure ulcer risk detection from complexity of activity. In 2017 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society: Smarter Technology for a Healthier World, EMBC 2017 - Proceedings (pp. 2304-2307).  Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc. doi: 10.1109/EMBC.2017.8037316
- Campbell, J., McBride, A., Etcher, L., & Deming, K. (2017). Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Nurse Faculty Scholars Program Leadership Training, Nursing Outlook, 65(3), 290-302.
- Skrobot, O., O'Brien, J., Black, S., Chen, C., DeCarli, C., Erkinjuntti, T., Ford, G., Kalaria, R., Pantoni L., Pasquier, F., Roman, G., Wallin, A., Sachdev, P., Skoog, I., VICCCS group, Ben-Shlomo Y., Passmore, A., Love, S., & Kehoe, P. (2017). The vascular impairment of cognition classification consensus study, Alzheimer’s & Dementia, 13(6), 624-633.
- Klymko, K., Etcher, L., Munchiando, J., & Royse, M. (2016). Video monitoring: A room with a view, or a window to challenges in falls prevention research? MEDSURG Nursing, 25(5), 329333.
- Schmerge, M., & Etcher, L. (2015). Patient centered medical home: Improving primary healthcare system. Tar Heel Nurse: Official publication of the North Carolina Nurses Association, Spring 2015, 9.
- Etcher, L. (2014). Sleep in older caregivers. Home Health Care Nurse, 32(7), 415-419
- Etcher, L. (2013). Treatment with light may have benefits for Alzheimer's patients. Medi-Long Term Care Forum 3(57), 14-16
- Etcher, L., Whall, A., Kumar, R., Devanand, D., & Yeragani, V. (2012). Nonlinear indices of circadian changes in individuals with dementia and aggression. Psychiatry Research, 199, 77-78.
- Etcher, L., Davis, J., & Yarandi, H. (2012). Therapeutic light and sleepiness at meals in women with Alzheimer’s disease. Journal of Aging Research and Clinical Practice, 1(2), 147-150.
- Nowak (Etcher), L., & Davis, J. (2011). Qualitative analysis of therapeutic light effects on global function in Alzheimer’s disease. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 33(7), 933-952.
- Casida, J., & Nowak (Etcher), L. (2011). Integrative therapies to promote sleep in the ICU. In Chlan, L., & Hertz, M. (Eds.). Integrated Therapies in Lung Health & Sleep. Springer: NY. [Other]
- Vallerand, A., & Nowak (Etcher), L. (2010). Chronic opioid therapy for nonmalignant pain: The patients perspective Part II – Barriers to chronic opioid therapy. Pain Management Nursing, 11(2), 126-131.
- Vallerand, A., & Nowak (Etcher), L. (2009). Chronic opioid therapy for nonmalignant pain: The patients perspective Part 1 - Life before and after opioid therapy. Pain Management Nursing, 10(3), 165-172.
- Nowak (Etcher), L., & Davis, J. (2007). A qualitative examination of the phenomenon of sundowning. The Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 39(3), 256-258