Make an impression with high-impact digital media.
Total Credits 36
Cost per Credit $700
- 100% online coursework
- First virtual reality enhanced communications program in North America
- Complete your online PR degree in only 2 years
- Graduate with a comprehensive portfolio of work — a great asset for job interviews
- Advertising and promotions managers earn a median annual wage of $117,1301
The online MA in Strategic Communication and Public Relations equips you with advanced theory and a mastery of digital content. Graduate with a high-caliber portfolio demonstrating your skills in creating unstoppable messaging that you can use in your own communications practice or in today’s top firms and organizations.
What Makes Us Unique?
Learn the Latest Technology Tools. In the online MA in Strategic Communication and Public Relations program, you’ll benefit from VR-enhanced courses and learn how to leverage key technologies and software to support your strategies. Gain the skills to produce multimedia content, including HD video with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.
Enhance Your Skills Through Experiential Learning. As a student, you’ll complete hands-on assignments throughout the program, creating your own agency and developing a growth management strategy to ensure success. Learn to lead effective campaigns and use innovative multimedia assets to excel in the PR and advertising fields.
Have More Questions? Find Answers Fast.
Visit our Prospective Student FAQ Experience to get the answers you need fast and learn more about the Sacred Heart’s master’s in strategic communications online program.
Interested in our on campus program? Learn More
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Explore Innovative Communication Through Virtual Reality Learning
In the public relations (PR) field, virtual reality (VR) opens up a world of storytelling opportunities for brands. VR connects products to human experiences by providing a completely immersive platform. Communications, advertising, and PR professionals can use VR to develop innovative campaigns, create dynamic events and more.
With Sacred Heart University’s online Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Public Relations, you’ll learn to harness the power of VR and become a leader in the industry.
Our strategic public relations online courses emphasize virtual reality learning. Each student receives a Facebook Oculus Quest headset to enhance their studies. You’ll benefit from a more engaging learning experience and connect with instructors and peers in new and exciting ways.
By developing North America’s first virtual reality enhanced communications program, Sacred Heart stands out as a leader in the space, highlighting the intersection of communication and technology. Graduates of this program are innovative experts who have valuable emerging technology skills for 21st century PR and advertising careers.
Career Outlook: Join a Growing Field
Digital and immersive technologies have created a new era of communication. Enhanced PR and advertising strategies play a vital role in crafting impactful messaging across platforms to reach audiences more effectively. Professionals with emerging media expertise will have a competitive edge across industries as innovators and trailblazers.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities for roles such as advertising, promotions and marketing managers will grow by eight percent through 2028. Advertising and promotions managers earn a median annual wage of $117,130, while marketing managers come in slightly higher at $134,290.1CAREERS AND SALARIES
Curriculum: Gain Innovative Advertising and Communication Skills
Accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), the online master’s degree in communication & public relations includes 12 courses totaling 36 credit hours. You’ll create a working agency and complete projects that contribute to a standout creative portfolio. Our courses use virtual reality learning to improve student engagement and technical competency.
Increase your knowledge of advertising, crisis communication and strategic communication for diverse populations and gain the skills to create multimedia content, including virtual reality and HD video with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite.PREVIEW COURSES
Program Outcomes: Flex Your Creative Muscle
Through the online MA in SCPR, you will:
- Master industry-standard multimedia tools, social media platforms and communication with diverse audiences
- Create a high-quality portfolio to help you take the next steps in your career
- Understand how to navigate and use virtual reality to improve PR campaigns and marketing efforts
- Learn what makes a successful agency and how to build a compelling brand
- Gain a theoretical, historical and practical understanding of strategic communication and media ethics
- Know how to evaluate possible unexpected outcomes of communication and manage PR mishaps
To apply for the online MA in SCPR at Sacred Heart, you’ll need the following:
- Completed application
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree from an accredited four-year college
- Personal statement
- Two recommendation letters from academic or professional references
Work experience and GRE/GMAT scores are not required for admission.APPLY NOW
Affordability and transparency are priorities at SHU. We want you to have everything you need in order to make a decision about investing in a high-quality education.TUITION AND FEES
Comprised of published scholars and current media professionals, the faculty at Sacred Heart University have both the experience and the credentials to prepare you for a variety of employment opportunities in PR agencies, communications and marketing companies, and mid- to large-size organizations.
Accommodate your busy schedule and learn when and where it’s convenient for you. As an online student, you’ll work with the same accomplished faculty, receive one-on-one support and benefit from the same opportunities as our on-campus students.ONLINE AT SHU
At Sacred Heart University, we strive to keep our programs affordable and encourage you to explore all of your financial aid options, including federal aid, military benefits and available scholarships.FINANCIAL AID
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question we don’t cover here, request more information or call 877-791-7181.
You may take up to six years to complete the program.
It may be possible to transfer up to nine credits of coursework that are relevant to this program.
- Application Fee: $75
- Registration Fee: $115 (Charged once per 16-week semester)
- Library Fee: $40 (Charged once per 16-week semester)
- Assessment Fee: $30 per semester (one-time for students starting Spring 2020 or later)
- Textbooks, supplies, personal expenses, or loan fees
The program does not require GMAT or GRE scores.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2018 May). Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved September 24, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Adobe (2018 October 2). Adobe State of Creative and Marketing Collaboration Survey. Retrieved October 4, 2019, from https://www.slideshare.net/adobe/adobe-state-of-creative-and-marketing-collaboration-survey-117868064.