Drive the future as a content creator and PR strategist.
Communication in a connected, visual world is as much about a PR strategy that understands its audience as it is about content creation. Our Master of Arts (MA) in Strategic Communication and Public Relations (SCPR) will prepare you with these skills and more, readying you for the next step in your career.
- 8% job growth for marketing managers projected, 2018 to 20281
- 60% of marketers were more involved in digital content creation in 2018 than a few years ago, as were 75% of agency creatives2
You’ll graduate with a top-notch portfolio that demonstrates the full range of your digital skills and sets you apart in the job market. Graduates of the MA in SCPR at Sacred Heart University will be qualified to pursue a variety of employment opportunities at PR firms, communications and marketing agencies, and mid- to large-sized organizations.
As an advertising, promotions or marketing manager, you would plan promotional and advertising campaigns and work with department heads or staff on budgets, contracts, marketing plans and the selection of advertising media.1
As a communications director, you would be responsible for managing an organization’s internal and external messaging, with the purpose of keeping employees and stakeholders informed of company developments.3
The following are just some of the positions you could qualify for:
- Media or event planner
- PR account executive
- Digital content creator
- Strategic communication manager
- Director of communications
- Social media manager
- Advertising account executive
- Public relations manager
- Strategic communication analyst
- Fundraising manager
Request More Information
Fill out the form below and a skilled and knowledgeable Admissions Representative will get in touch to answer your questions and help with the application process.
A Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Public Relations can unlock the door to many lucrative and rewarding career opportunities. Use the visualization below to explore career outcomes on both a national and local level.
Guidance Beyond Graduation
More than 98 percent of Sacred Heart alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within a year of graduation.
Our Center for Career & Professional Development provides support to help you find your next opportunity and continue to grow outside of class.
Tap into our online recruiting system exclusively for Sacred Heart students, featuring job opportunities from 10,000+ employers.
Work one-on-one with a Sacred Heart career counselor to define your professional goals, practice for upcoming job interviews and more.
Meet potential employers and connect with a network of 35,000+ Sacred Heart alumni in person and on LinkedIn.
Get your résumé, cover letter and LinkedIn profile critiqued by peers and career-development experts to stand out from your competition.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved September 24, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/advertising-promotions-and-marketing-managers.htm.
- Adobe (2018 October 2). Adobe State of Creative and Marketing Collaboration Survey. Retrieved October 4, 2019, from https://www.slideshare.net/adobe/adobe-state-of-creative-and-marketing-collaboration-survey-117868064.
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight™. Retrieved September 26, 2019.