From the corporate environment to the public sector, the online Master of Applied Psychology (MSAP) program at Sacred Heart University draws from the belief that achievement and empowerment in a wide variety of industries and career fields begins with a fundamental understanding of people and their behavior.
Sacred Heart’s MSAP is designed to help you immediately apply cutting-edge theory to real-world business situations. Our diverse faculty is made up of many licensed psychologists who deliver a powerful curriculum that explores a range of human behaviors. Examine how to motivate individuals and organizations, how to assess and improve performance and how to counsel those in need of assistance. An undergraduate degree in psychology is not required.
Two Career-Oriented Concentrations
Sacred Heart’s MSAP program offers two career-oriented concentrations and a general track*:
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: This concentration focuses on applying psychology in the workplace. By studying personnel management, organizational behavior, performance assessment and employee development, students gain skills and experience that is applied in a variety of industries.
- Community Psychology: Learn how psychology is applied to the care of individuals and the general public in settings such as schools and social service agencies.
- General Track: Choose four electives that reflect your personal and career interests.
* The MSAP specializations are offered as certificates. Learn more
Other features of Sacred Heart's online MSAP program include:
- Available in a part-time format with access to an expert faculty with decades of psychology education experience. Many professors are also practicing, licensed psychologists who bring invaluable clinical and corporate experience to the classroom.
- US News & World Report recently ranked Sacred Heart as one of the top 30 Master's level colleges and universities in the North.**
Learn more about how the Master in Applied Psychology from Sacred Heart can empower human potential. Click here or call us at 877-791-7181.
**”America’s Best Colleges,” 2010 edition