Achievement begins with a fundamental understanding of people and their behavior. This is the foundation of the online Master of Science in Applied Psychology (MSAP) program at Sacred Heart University.
Empower everyone to succeed, improve employee and organizational performance, and identify those in need of support and assistance as an applied psychology professional. These types of psychologists are in demand, from the corporate environment to the public sector: the forecast rate of job growth from 2012 to 2022 is an astonishing 53 percent—much faster than the average for all occupations.1 Our master's in psychology online also provides an excellent foundation for those wanting to continue on to doctoral studies in psychology.
Offering the perfect blend of behavioral and workplace psychology, Sacred Heart’s online master's degree in psychology helps you:
- Use resources to research behavioral issues.
- Find solutions through cutting-edge psychological theory.
- Apply findings to real-world situations.
Sacred Heart’s Master's in Applied Psychology program offers three career-oriented concentrations. You are free to choose your concentration after completing foundation coursework.
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: This concentration focuses on applying psychology in the workplace to achieve maximum employee satisfaction and productivity. Explore personnel management, organizational behavior, performance assessment and employee development.
- Community Psychology: Learn how psychology is applied to the care of individuals and the general public in settings such as not-for-profit organizations and social service agencies.
- General Applied Psychology: Choose four electives that reflect your career interests from the above concentrations.
These MSAP concentrations are also offered as certificates. Click here to learn more.
Program Features of the Online MSAP
- Distinguished psychology faculty: Learn from applied psychology instructors who are licensed psychologists, active researchers and published authors, and over 90 percent of our faculty hold a doctorate degree.
- No clinical hours: Because Sacred Heart’s MSAP program is a research-based program and not one that leads directly to clinical licensure, there is no clinical component. Your degree can be completed in only two years taking only one class at a time.
- Selective admissions: We cap our classes to ensure an intimate, interactive and involved learning experience.
- Three capstone completion options: For the final capstone courses, you have three options: a role immersion experience where you can apply your knowledge and conduct field work, an exam/essay or a thesis.
Please consult the State Authorizations page for more information on state approvals and licensure or call us at (877) 791-7181.
Plus, we have recognition:
- SHU is ranked among the top 40 master’s level colleges and universities in the North by US News & World Report.
- SHU’s MSAP program is ranked among the 50 Best Online Master’s in Psychology 2016 by SuperScholar
- Learn from expert faculty members with extensive experience, scholarly credentials, and cutting-edge knowledge.
Undergraduate degree in psychology is not required!
Learn more about how the Master in Applied Psychology from Sacred Heart can empower human potential. Click here or call us at 877-791-7181.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Fastest-Growing Occupations, http://www.bls.gov/ooh/fastest-growing.htm