Meet the high demand for access to care and fulfill your family nurse practitioner career goals.
By 2032, the U.S. will face a shortage of nearly 122,000 physicians.1 It’s a crisis that places immense strain on our health care system. As a family nurse practitioner, you’ll be ready to fill FNP jobs by providing a primary care function for all patients, from infants to the elderly. And you’ll be well compensated for your work.
- $98,367 median annual income for primary care nurse practitioners2
- 45% growth projected over the next 10 years2
- Top 10% of earners make more than $122,0002
You’ll also tailor your education to your family nurse practitioner career goals with an in-demand MSN specialization in Nursing Education, Nursing Management & Executive Leadership, or Clinical Nurse Leader, a certification created by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing to meet the ever-evolving needs of modern health care.
In addition to fulfilling the need for quality care at a reasonable cost, you’ll make a difference in the lives of patients and their families, with the ability to work in diverse communities and settings. Some family nurse practitioner job opportunities include:
Primary Care Nurse Practitioner:
As a primary care FNP, you could work with patients of all ages, performing assessments, analyzing information, diagnosing illnesses, prescribing treatments, and helping individuals make lifestyle changes that impact their long-term health.2
Pediatrics Nurse Practitioner:
As a pediatrics nurse practitioner, you could be a primary care provider for infants, children and adolescents, diagnosing and treating many common illnesses and injuries.2
Places you could work as a family nurse practitioner:
- Community clinics
- Private clinics
- School clinics
- Phone/online triage
- Long-term care facilities
- Community health departments
- Long-term care facilities
- Private home care practice
Request More Information
Fill out the form below and a skilled and knowledgeable Admissions Representative will get in touch to answer your questions and help with the application process.
An MSN degree can unlock the door to many lucrative and rewarding family nurse practitioner job opportunities. Use the visualization below to explore career outcomes on both a national and local level.
Guidance Beyond Graduation
More than 98 percent of Sacred Heart alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within a year of graduation.
Our Center for Career & Professional Development provides support to help you find your next opportunity and continue to grow outside of class.
- Association of American Medical Colleges (2019 April). The Complexities of Physician Supply and Demand: Projections from 2017-2032. Retrieved October 15, 2019, from https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/press-releases/new-findings-confirm-predictions-physician-shortage
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight™. Retrieved October 17, 2019.