Now, registered nurses with a diploma or an associate's degree in Nursing can take the accelerated path toward career advancement with Sacred Heart's online RN–BSN–MSN program. Integrate science and care through this rewarding course of study.
Save Time and Money
Sacred Heart’s online RN–BSN–MSN program combines the Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing studies. Save time and money by earning both degrees simultaneously. Depending upon your MSN specialization, this accelerated program requires you to take only eight or nine MSN classes instead of 12. Plus, you’ve earned your BSN along the way.
Watch the video and learn about the program from Sacred Heart's faculty members:
LINDA STRONG: What makes Sacred Heart different from other institutions? It is a caring community, that step that comes down from the top on down to all students, staff, and faculty.
MARLENE BECK-WILSON: There is a sense of everyone being supportive of each other and being compassionate to each other.
MARIO WINFREY: You're never by yourself. So full support. We want to make sure we're setting them up for success.
DENISE JENNINGS: The unique benefits to Sacred Heart's RN to BSN program is that it's not going to teach a nurse how to be a nurse, but it's a program that's going to give them the skill sets and the knowledge to take their nursing to the next level. So what does it mean to be a nurse?
LINDA STRONG: The Human Journey in Nursing, it really gets the basic values of who we are as people, who we are as nurses.
DENISE JENNINGS: The core curriculum itself has been recognized as a national model that is values driven. It also is a curriculum that, by other universities all around the country and into Canada, has been often replicated, but never duplicated.
LINDA STRONG: It asks, what does it mean to be human? What it means to lead a life of purpose, and how do we forge a just society? Because they no longer are going to focus just on those skills of doing that dressing, changing the IV, it's the interaction, that communication, the relationship building. They end up being a better nurse in the real world.
LINDA MORROW: Our student-to-faculty ratio is very small. It's 20 students for one faculty member. So this gives the student individualized attention.
MARIO WINFREY: The student would be assigned a student services coordinator, which is great because their going to be with them from beginning to end in the program.
MARLENE BECK-WILSON: The faculty-student interaction is ongoing. It is present in the classroom. And it is present outside of the classroom as well. Teaching involves role modeling. And I love to use examples of my professional experience. I integrate that, and in not just content, but in discussion questions and providing students with feedback.
LINDA STRONG: The evidence tells us that a better educated nurse provides better nursing care.
DENISE JENNINGS: The nurses that come out of the Sacred Heart curriculum know their stuff. They're very well prepared, and they're very well recognized as experts in their field.
Choose Your Specialization
Don’t just get a degree – get a degree with the right specialization for you. We offer three specializations within the online RN–BSN–MSN program, so you can choose the path that’s best for you:
- Clinical Nurse Leader® (348 hours of clinical practicum): Learn to lead a team! Gain the skills and knowledge designed to address complex challenges involving patient safety, quality of care and costs. This program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam, but even students who are not interested in the CNL role will obtain valuable integrated knowledge offered in this specialization.
- Patient Care Services Administration (120 hours of clinical practicum): Ensure effective and efficient care. This comprehensive specialization prepares you for nursing leadership positions on the administrative side. Learn how to use administrative tools and skills to provide smooth day-to-day operations.
- Nursing Education (120 hours of clinical practicum): Teach others to become nurses! This fulfilling specialization is designed to complement your clinical expertise with skills in teaching and learning strategies. The curriculum provides an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the instructor.
Other features of Sacred Heart's online RN–BSN–MSN program include:
- Our online MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Time and cost savings by combining BSN and MSN studies
- 24/7 convenience and flexibility of the online format
- Award-winning faculty members with extensive clinical experience, scholarly and teaching credentials and up-to-date knowledge
- Earn a degree from one of the top 30 master's level colleges and universities in the North according to US News & World Report. *
All of SHU's nursing programs are accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)1.
Learn more about Sacred Heart's online RN–BSN–MSN. Click here or call 877-791-7181 to speak to an Admissions team member.
*"America’s Best Colleges," 2014 edition
1Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.