Accelerate Your Career
Accelerate your path toward nurse leadership with Sacred Heart's online RN–BSN–MSN program. If you have a diploma or associate’s degree in nursing, this program provides you with a faster route to a master’s degree and more career opportunities.
Save Time and Money: Sacred Heart’s online RN–BSN–MSN program combines the Bachelor of Nursing and Master of Nursing studies. Take graduate nursing classes at the undergraduate level and tuition rate. Depending upon your MSN specialization, this accelerated program requires you to take only eight or nine MSN classes instead of 12. Plus, you’ll earn your BSN along the way.
Watch the video and learn about what sets the RN-BSN-MSN apart from other online nursing programs from Sacred Heart's faculty members:
- The community of Sacred Heart University is caring and supportive, from the administration to the faculty, staff and students. Students feel they are never alone.
- Sacred Heart’s online nursing programs take nursing to the next level, going beyond nursing skills like doing the dressing, changing the IV – essentially teaching a nurse how to be a nurse. Nurses who graduate with an MSN from Sacred Heart know how to be a better nurse in the real world, building relationships, communicating and interacting with patients, patients’ families, doctors and other nurses. They come out as better educated nurses who give better care, know their stuff, are very well prepared and recognized as experts in their field.
- Driven by its Catholic values, Sacred Heart’s RN-BSN-MSN core undergrad curriculum explores the Human Journey and the basic values of who we are as people and who we are as nurses, asking “What does it mean to be human? What does it mean to lead a life of purpose? How do we forge a just society?” The curriculum is nationally recognized across the US and Canada.
- Students in the RN to MSN program are set up for success. Each student is assigned a Student Services Coordinator to aid them throughout the program. Students receive individualized attention thanks to the small 20:1 student-to-faculty ratio. Faculty-student interaction occurs in and outside the classroom, where faculty present role-modeling, examples from professional experience, interactive discussions and feedback.
Choose an MSN Specialization
Along with a fast track to two in-demand nursing degrees, SHU offers three specializations within the online RN–BSN–MSN program to show you how to become a nurse leader. Choose the option that aligns with your career goals and interests.
- Clinical Nurse Leader® (348 hours of clinical practicum): Learn to lead a team! Gain the skills and knowledge designed to address complex challenges involving patient safety, quality of care and costs. The MSN Clinical Nurse Leader online program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam.
- Nursing Management & Executive Leadership* (120 hours of clinical practicum): Ensure effective and efficient care with high-level organizational skills and tools. This comprehensive specialization focuses on providing efficient and effective care from the management side, from day-to-day operations to long-term planning.
- Nursing Education (100 hours of clinical practicum): Pass on your clinical expertise by teaching other nurses. Coursework explores curriculum design and evaluation theory, instructional strategies and issues in nursing education. This program prepares students to sit for the National League of Nursing (NLN) Nurse Educator Certification Exam.
RN-BSN-MSN Program Features
- Accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Transfer up to 90 credits!
- 24/7 convenience and flexibility of the online format
- Award-winning faculty members with extensive clinical experience, scholarly and teaching credentials and up-to-date knowledge.
- A degree from one of the top 30 master's level colleges and universities in the North according to US News & World Report.
Learn more about how you can earn two degrees in one convenient program with SHU’s online RN–BSN–MSN. Click here or call 877-791-7181 to speak to an Admissions team member.
*Note: This specialization has replaced former track: Patient Care Services Administration (PCSA). The name change and curricular updates and modifications have been made to reflect current leadership trends to enhance the program.
1Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.