Find opportunity as a leader across the health care industry.
Empower yourself to make the maximum amount of impact across population health outcomes with the Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) from Sacred Heart University. You’ll gain the skills to become a nursing leader in an area of your choice in a variety of roles.
- 26% growth projected 2018–2028 for nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners1
- $167,950 median income for nurse anesthetists1
- $182,750 annual income for the Top 10% of nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners1
Facing a rapid expansion of knowledge, increased complexity of patient care and shortages in personnel, leaders who can navigate a changing health care environment will find high demand throughout the industry.
Follow your passion where it leads you with our DNP, whether you want to provide advanced direct services as a midwife or anesthetist or create systemic change at the executive level.
Director of Nursing:
As a director of nursing, you would guide the operations of a health care organization and a team of nursing leaders with complex roles. Manage policies and budgets, oversee personnel and organizational structure, and ensure high standards of care.2
Executive VP in Health Care:
As an executive in the health care industry, you could be part of an executive team driving an organization’s strategy. Whether in the for-profit or nonprofit sector, you would provide valuable health care expertise to meet business- and mission-focused goals while steering operational excellence.3
Additional roles for graduates of the online DNP program:
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse midwife
- Health care lobbyist
- Clinical researcher
- Advanced practice registered nurse
Request More Information
Fill out the form below and a skilled and knowledgeable Admissions Representative will get in touch to answer your questions and help with the application process.
A Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice can unlock the door to many lucrative and rewarding career opportunities. Use the visualization below to explore career outcomes on both a national and local level.
Guidance Beyond Graduation
More than 98 percent of Sacred Heart alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within a year of graduation.
Our Center for Career & Professional Development provides support to help you find your next opportunity and continue to grow outside of class.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm.
- Salary.com (2019 September 26). Nursing Director Salary in the United States. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/nursing-director-salary.
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight™. Retrieved October 17, 2019.