Find opportunity as a leader across the health care industry.
Empower yourself to make the maximum amount of impact across population health outcomes with the Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) from Sacred Heart University. You’ll gain the skills to become a nursing leader in an area of your choice in a variety of roles.
- 26% growth projected 2018–2028 for nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners1
- $167,950 median income for nurse anesthetists1
- $182,750 annual income for the Top 10% of nurse anesthetists, nurse midwives, and nurse practitioners1
Facing a rapid expansion of knowledge, increased complexity of patient care and shortages in personnel, leaders who can navigate a changing health care environment will find high demand throughout the industry.
Follow your passion where it leads you with our DNP, whether you want to provide advanced direct services as a midwife or anesthetist or create systemic change at the executive level.
Director of Nursing:
As a director of nursing, you would guide the operations of a health care organization and a team of nursing leaders with complex roles. Manage policies and budgets, oversee personnel and organizational structure, and ensure high standards of care.2
Executive VP in Health Care:
As an executive in the health care industry, you could be part of an executive team driving an organization’s strategy. Whether in the for-profit or nonprofit sector, you would provide valuable health care expertise to meet business- and mission-focused goals while steering operational excellence.3
Additional roles for graduates of the online DNP program:
- Certified registered nurse anesthetist
- Nurse practitioner
- Certified nurse midwife
- Health care lobbyist
- Clinical researcher
- Advanced practice registered nurse
Request More Information
Fill out the form below and a skilled and knowledgeable Admissions Representative will get in touch to answer your questions and help with the application process.
Program Outcomes: The Skills to Lead Advanced Care
Through the online Doctor of Nursing Practice program, you will be prepared to:
- Assume complex leadership roles in clinical practice areas
- Lead teams that focus on improving health care quality
- Develop strategies to translate research into practice regimens
- Expand your knowledge base to improve nursing practice and patient outcomes
- Evaluate, determine, and implement the best evidence for practice
Guidance Beyond Graduation
More than 98 percent of Sacred Heart alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within a year of graduation.
Our Center for Career & Professional Development provides support to help you find your next opportunity and continue to grow outside of class.
Tap into our online recruiting system exclusively for Sacred Heart students, featuring job opportunities from 10,000+ employers.
Work one-on-one with a Sacred Heart career counselor to define your professional goals, practice for upcoming job interviews and more.
Meet potential employers and connect with a network of 35,000+ Sacred Heart alumni in person and on LinkedIn.
Get your résumé, cover letter and LinkedIn profile critiqued by peers and career-development experts to stand out from your competition.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics (2019 September 4). Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners. Occupational Outlook Handbook. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/nurse-anesthetists-nurse-midwives-and-nurse-practitioners.htm.
- Salary.com (2019 September 26). Nursing Director Salary in the United States. Retrieved October 2, 2019, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/benchmark/nursing-director-salary.
- Burning Glass Technologies: Labor Insight™. Retrieved October 17, 2019.