Advance Your Career and Improve Patient Care
Clinical and Non-Clinical Focus
The healthcare industry is evolving and expanding at a rapid pace, and leaders with the skills and training to help transform this dynamic field are in high demand. Sacred Heart University’s MHA program puts graduates on track to make a positive impact in both clinical and non-clinical settings.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Take Your Career to the Next Level
Hospital Administrator $88,216 per year1
Health Services Manager $101,340 per year2
Hospital CEO $154,650 per year3
Health Administration Roles in High Demand
Employment in healthcare occupations is projected to grow 16 percent from 2020 to 2030,4 so the need for trained experts will always be high. An MHA will prepare graduates with the skills necessary to pursue career advancement in the complex and ever-evolving field of healthcare.
- The median annual wage for medical and health services managers was $101,340 in May 2021.2
- Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 28 percent from 2021 to 2031.2
Program Outcomes and Skills Acquired
Graduates of Sacred Heart University’s MHA program will be prepared to pursue roles in a variety of healthcare settings, both clinical and non-clinical.
In this program, students will also:
- Benefit from interdisciplinary coursework that focuses on improving healthcare delivery, health systems and policy and their intersection with economics, law, ethics and leadership
- Learn to be an effective, visionary leader able to respond to and serve within your greater community
- Acquire broad and relevant exposure to topics essential to managing the complex and ever-evolving healthcare industry
- Gain practical real-world experiences collaborating with faculty who are professional clinical and administrative leaders in their field
- Be prepared to communicate respectfully and with empathy, and to create and lead organizations bound by ethics and values
- Analyze case studies utilizing real-life cases, relevant projects, lively discussion and interactive learning forums
Guidance Beyond Graduation
More than 98 percent of Sacred Heart alumni are employed full-time or enrolled in graduate school within a year of graduation.
Our Center for Career & Professional Development provides support to help you find your next opportunity and continue to grow outside of class.
- “Average Hospital Administrator Salary.” payscale.com. Retrieved on August 18, 2022 from https://www.payscale.com/.
- “Medical and Health Services Managers” bls.gov. Retrieved on August 18, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Top Executives” bls.gov. Retrieved on August 18, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.
- “Occupational Outlook Handbook: Healthcare Occupations.” bls.gov. Retrieved on August 10, 2022 from https://www.bls.gov/.