Dr. Leasca earned her Diploma RN at St. Joseph Hospital’s School of Nursing, her BSN at SUNY, Albany, NY; her MSN at the University of Rhode Island; and was the inaugural DNP at the University of Rhode Island. Her professional and research focus is Critical Social Theory and includes policy, ethics, lifelong learning, family practice, the Clinical Nurse Leader, and the Certified Nurse Educator. Dr. Leasca is a certified Family Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Leader, and Certified Nurse Educator. Dr. Leasca has been awarded the ANCC National Nurse Practitioner Excellence Award, the Rhode Island Nurse Leader Award, and the Connecticut Nightingale Award for Excellence in Nursing. She is the CEO and Owner of “Mama’s Nuts Nutrition” which has as its focus the management of chronic disease through nutrition.
City/State: South Kingstown, RI
- Beck, M., Bradley, H., Lampley, T., Leasca, J., Gatti-Petito, J (2016). A paradigm shift from brick and mortar: full time nursing faculty off campus, accepted for publication, Nursing Education Perspectives.
- Cook, L. & Leasca, J. (submitted). Trends in leadership. In King, C.R., Gerard, S. O., & Rapp, S. G. (Eds.).Essentials for masters prepared leaders. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, LLC.
- Leasca, J., & Dufault, M., (2014). Building consensus for the consensus model in Rhode Island, Journal Of Nursing Regulation, accepted for publication.
- Leasca, J, (2011). The Rhode Island board of nurse registration and education introduces the APRN consensus model to Rhode Island, The Rhode Island Nurse.
- Presenter, “Role of Whole Food, Plant Based Nutrition in the Management of Obesity Related Diseases”, Kingston Primary Care Association, 2017.
- Presenter, “Patient Centered Medical Home”, South County Primary Care, Presentation 2013, 2014, 2015.
- Presenter, “Meaningful Use of the Electronic Health Record”, 2012, Block Island Medical Center.
- Presenter, “The APRN Consensus Model in Rhode Island”, Rhode Island State Nurses Association, Presentation 2011.
- Leasca, J (2011) Introducing the Consensus Model in Rhode Island, The Rhode Island Nurse.
- Presenter, “The State of the States, the National Progression of the APRN Consensus Model”, 2010, 2011, 2012, Hospital Association of Rhode Island.
- Presenter, “Meaningful Use of the Electronic Health Record”, 2011, Rhode Island Quality Partners.