Grow the Heart of a Healer
Develop the heart of a healer with Sacred Heart’s RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing. This undergraduate degree program provides you with the knowledge required in today’s nursing roles as well as the personal touch at the heart of the profession, embodied in our signature core curriculum, the Human Journey.
The growing field of nursing, a BSN is now the standard for most, if not all entry-level positions. In this undergraduate program, students gain the BSN they need to become an RN and can transfer up to 90 credits towards their degree. The six, flexible start dates for this program make it easy to align your education around your finances, whether it be tuition reimbursement, scholarship, or federal aid.
Sacred Heart University is a known university in its home state of Connecticut that strives to go beyond what education is needed to become a nurse: we offer a journey into what it means to be human, helping you to create a framework to become a better nurse to your patients. The Human Journey core curriculum explores our common condition and values through the prism of literature, history, sociology, science, philosophy and religion throughout the ages.
Coursework in the online RN to BSN program also covers:
- Health, wellness, and care across various cultures
- Clinical leadership development
- Qualitative and quantitative measures of care outcome
- Information technology for nursing practice
Ranked Highest in the State
Hospital Newspaper, New England Edition, ranked Sacred Heart University’s online RN-BSN program the highest in the state.Read the full article here.
Watch the video and learn about the program from Sacred Heart's faculty members:
LINDA STRONG: What makes Sacred Heart different from other institutions, it is a caring community that comes down from the top on down to all students, staff, and faculty.
MARLENE BECK-WILSON: There is a sense of everyone being supportive of each other and being compassionate to each other.
MARIO WINFREY: You're never by yourself. So for support, one is make sure we're setting them up for success.
DENISE JENNINGS: The unique benefits to Sacred Heart's RN to BSN the program is that it's not going to teach a nurse how be a nurse, but it's a program that's trying to give them the skill sets and the knowledge to take their nursing to the next level, so what does it mean to be a nurse.
LINDA STRONG: The human journey in nursing, it really gets the basic values of who we are as people, who we are as nurses.
DENISE JENNINGS: The core curriculum itself has been recognized as a national model that is values-driven. And it also is a curriculum that by other universities all around the country and into Canada has been, often, replicated, but never duplicated.
LINDA STRONG: It asks, what does it mean to be human? What it means to lead a life of purpose, and how to we forge a just society? Because they no longer are going to focus just on those skills of doing the dressing, of changing the IV. It's the interaction, that communication, the relationship building. They end up being a better nurse in the real world.
LINDA MORROW: Our students to faculty ratio is very small. It's 20 students for one faculty member. So this gives the student individualized attention.
MARIO WINFREY: The student will be assigned a students services coordinator, which is great, because they're going to be with them from beginning to end in the program.
MARLENE BECK-WILSON: The faculty student interaction is ongoing. It is present in the classroom, and it is present outside of classroom, as well. Teaching involves role modeling. And I love to use examples of my professional experience. I integrate that, in not just content, but in discussion questions and providing students with feedback.
LINDA STRONG: The evidence tells us that a better educated nurse provides better nursing care.
DENISE JENNINGS: The nurses that come out at the Sacred Heart curriculum know their stuff. They're very well-prepared. And they're very well-recognized as experts in their field.
Other features of Sacred Heart University's BSN online include:
- The baccalaureate degree program in nursing, the master’s degree program in nursing, and the Doctor of Nursing Practice program at Sacred Heart University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791. http://www.ccneaccreditation.org
- Transfer up to 90 credits!
- Ranked by U.S. News & World Report among the institutions with the best online bachelor’s programs.
- Experience and vision: Our RN-BSN faculty has years of experience in the field and is well-grounded in developments in both health care and state-of-the-art educational methods.
- Flexibility and convenience: This online format offers six start dates per year to make it easier to arrange your course load around your schedule.
- Personal attention: Class sizes are kept small and faculty members are available for questions and discussion.
Since 1980, Sacred Heart has provided nursing students with a comprehensive and innovative professional education grounded in healing and humanity. Discover the Human Journey at the heart of our RN-BSN program.
Learn more about Sacred Heart’s online RN to BSN. Click here or call 877-791-7181 to speak to an admissions team member.