Earn Your Master of Science in Nursing Online
In the health care field, there is a growing awareness that nurses need more advanced skills to handle complex and specialized tasks. These days many executive and leadership positions in nursing require applicants to have an earned Master of Science in Nursing. Sacred Heart University's online master's in nursing is a highly innovative and challenging program designed to meet the needs of the working career nurse seeking superior clinical, administrative, and educational skills to move into management roles or positions with more autonomy.
Advance Your Nursing Career with a Master of Science in Nursing
Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing program offers three specializations to choose from based on your career interests. Each program integrates professional preparation with clinical practicum to build on skills and competencies already acquired in class work.
- Clinical Nurse Leader (300 hours of role immersion): This specialization focuses on the skills and knowledge needed to fulfill this new and evolving role, such as evaluating patient outcomes, assessing risk, and coordinating with other health care professionals to ensure high quality care. The program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam. Even those students who are not interested in the CNL position can benefit from the integrated knowledge offered in this specialization.
- Patient Care Services Administration (120 hours of clinical practicum): This specialization is designed to prepare you for nursing leadership positions involving administrative responsibility. You'll learn how to use business and information management, integration of finances, and program evaluation as tools to provide effective and efficient care.
- Nursing Education (120 hours of clinical practicum): This specialization is designed to complement your clinical experience with skills in teaching and learning. The curriculum is designed to provide you with an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the faculty. Nurse educators are found in both schools of nursing along with hospitals and related healthcare organizations.
Request more information or give us a call at 877-791-7181 to find out more about the benefits of Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing program.
Why Choose Sacred Heart University's Online MS in Nursing?
Sacred Heart's nursing programs emphasize personal attention and interaction between faculty members and students to help foster a meaningful educational experience. In addition, Sacred Heart is a leader in online learning. Members of our graduate faculty are well-versed in the virtual environment and comfortable with using up-to-date educational technology.
Other features of Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing include:
- Our online Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- The convenience and flexibility of a curriculum that is 100% online
- Award-winning faculty members with extensive clinical experience, scholarly and teaching credentials, and up-to-date knowledge
- Earn a degree from one of the top 30 master's level colleges and universities in the North according to U.S. News & World Report in the 2010 edition of America's Best Colleges
Want to learn more about the benefits of Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing? Call us at 877-791-7181 to speak to an Admissions team member or request more information. If you would like more information about taking the Master of Science in Nursing program at one of our campuses, click here.