Nurses need advanced skills to handle complex tasks and to obtain leadership positions. Sacred Heart’s online Master of Science in Nursing challenges nurses by providing superior clinical, administrative and educational skills to move into management roles. Be the nurse you got into nursing to be with greater abilities and understanding.
Choose From Three Unique Specializations
Customize your learning experience! Select from three MSN program specializations that speak to your passion in the nursing field:
- Clinical Nurse Leader® (300 hours of role immersion): Learn to lead a team! Gain the skills and knowledge designed to address complex challenges involving patient safety, quality of care and costs. This program prepares students to sit for the American Association of Colleges of Nursing CNL Certificate Exam, but even students who are not interested in the CNL role will obtain valuable integrated knowledge offered in this specialization.
- Patient Care Services Administration (120 hours of clinical practicum): Ensure effective and efficient care. This comprehensive specialization prepares you for nursing leadership positions on the administrative side. Learn how to use administrative tools and skills to provide smooth day-to-day operations.
- Nursing Education (120 hours of clinical practicum): Teach others to become nurses! This fulfilling specialization is designed to complement your clinical expertise with skills in teaching and learning strategies. The curriculum provides an understanding of issues in nursing education, application of curriculum design and evaluation theory, and experience in the role of the instructor.
Other features of Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing include:
- Our online MSN programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- 24/7 convenience and flexibility of a 100% online curriculum
- Award-winning faculty members with extensive clinical experience, scholarly and teaching credentials, and up-to-date knowledge
- Earn a degree from one of the top 40 master's level colleges and universities in the North according to US News & World Report
Learn more about the benefits of Sacred Heart's online Master of Science in Nursing! Click here or call us at 877-791-7181 to speak to an Admissions team member.
*”America’s Best Colleges,” 2011 edition