Continue Your Nursing Education Online Without Leaving MA
The need for nurse leaders and educators has never been greater. According to ANA Massachusetts, addressing the state’s decision-making and staffing issues will demand an influx of skilled nursing professionals.1 With Sacred Heart University’s online nursing programs, you can prepare to solve these challenges in advanced roles with substantial earning potential in Massachusetts.
Sacred Heart’s online nursing programs help you take the next step in your nursing career. Seek an RN-BSN, MSN, DNP or graduate certificate to qualify for advanced nursing roles throughout Massachusetts.
Sacred Heart’s nursing degree programs are built to fit The latest research informs our online programs, which prepare you for roles where you can elevate patient care. We also design each program to fit busy schedules, with multiple start dates each year and shorter durations, such as 2-year nursing programs at the graduate level.
Learn More Today
Complete the form to learn more about this program.
Online Nursing Programs: Prepare for Your Next Role in MA
Sacred Heart’s online degree and certificate programs help students in Massachusetts and beyond take their nursing careers to the next level.
Home Healthcare Management for RNs, Certificate
Meet the State of Connecticut, Department of Public Health (DPH) requirements for nurses in management positions in home health agencies.
Explore health care policy and ethics, principles of health care research, and the underlying theories of contemporary nursing.
MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader
Advocate for superior patient care and lead a team of integrated health care professionals, including social workers, pharmacists, physicians and fellow nurses.
MSN: Nursing Education
Complement your clinical experience with teaching skills and learn to design curricula, evaluate your students and step into the role of instructor.
MSN: Nursing Management & Executive Leadership
Discover how to manage a budget, create and implement administrative processes, make certain your procedures meet professional and ethical standards, and more.
Online MSN Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Program
RNs with a BSN and two years of experience who are interested in advancing as psychiatric nurses can earn an online MSN at Sacred Heart.
MSN: Family Nurse Practitioner
Learn to conduct physical examinations, diagnose and treat common illnesses, and help patients take action to improve or maintain their personal well-being.
Nursing Education Graduate Certificate
Prepare to teach patients, families, student nurses, staff nurses and other healthcare providers.
Nursing Management & Executive Leadership Graduate Certificate
Become a nurse leader in a hospital, medical center or other healthcare setting.
Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice, DNP
Earn nursing’s highest credential and prepare yourself to lead with this practice-focused doctoral program. Develop the expertise needed for the most advanced leadership and clinical roles.
Post-Master’s Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Prepare for certification as a family nurse practitioner from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).
Post-Master’s Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Certificate
Gain the advanced clinical skills to address the mental and emotional needs of patients across their lifespan.
Develop the knowledge required for today’s nursing roles while gaining the personal touch you need to become an even better nurse for your patients.
Gain access to top-tier nursing positions by earning both your BSN and MSN. Focus on providing exceptional patient care, or branch out into education, research, consulting or management.
Abundant Career Options in Boston and Throughout Massachusetts
While the need for nursing professionals has risen across the United States, employment in parts of Massachusetts is especially promising. For instance, the Boston region ranks in the nation’s Top 5 for registered nurse employment.2
Boston and the surrounding communities offer more than higher employment — many nursing careers in Massachusetts also pay a higher salary. In fact, the average salary for MSN graduates in Massachusetts ranks sixth in the nation.3
Registered nurses made a median salary of $75,330 in 2020, with the top 10Sacred Heart’s online nursing programs position you for success in advanced nursing careers throughout Massachusetts. One career option for Boston graduates to pursue is nursing manager, a role with an average salary of $129,700 per year.4
Outcomes That Matter to Massachusetts Residents
Massachusetts residents who study at Sacred Heart can benefit from online nursing programs with accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Value Colleges named us the No. 14 Best Value Online MSN Program, and U.S. News & World Report has recognized us for the following:
- Sacred Heart ranks among the Top 250 “Best Colleges in the Nation” in 2022, and we were named a Top 30 “Master’s Level College and University in the North”
- Our online RN-BSN degree program is ranked among the best online bachelor’s programs
- Our online MSN degree program is ranked among the best online graduate nursing programs
Learn From Award-Winning Faculty Without Leaving MA
Engage with Sacred Heart’s expert nursing faculty to gain qualifications for joining some of Massachusetts’ top healthcare employers. Our award-winning faculty members bring extensive experience across many nursing specialties to each online program. With their guidance, you can acquire the skills and degree needed to take the next step in your nursing career.
Massachusetts Cities with Impressive Salaries for Clinical Nurse Leaders
If you’re ready to seek clinical nurse leader roles, our online MSN program can help you achieve your goal. The average salary for this role in Massachusetts is $101,508 — nearly 9% higher than the national average.5,6 Here are five Massachusetts cities where the average clinical nurse leader salary is even higher.
- Boston, MA ($105,119)7
- Wellesley, MA ($105,087)8
- Salem, MA ($104,994)9
- Wayland, MA ($104,963)10
- Burlington, MA ($103,360)11
$93,298 Average annual salary for clinical nurse leaders in the U.S.6
$105,119 Median salary for clinical nurse leaders in Boston, MA7
12.7% How much more clinical nurse leaders earn in Boston, MA than in the U.S. overall6,7
Massachusetts Areas with the Highest Nursing Salaries
If you’re ready to seek clinical nNow that more hospitals prefer (or require) a bachelor’s degree for nursing roles, completing an online RN-BSN program can boost your job prospects and earning potential. Here are five areas in Massachusetts where clinical nurse specialists and registered nurses earn considerably more than the national median salary.12,13
- Boston/Cambridge, MA ($93,120)
- Worcester, MA ($86,460)
- Leominster-Gardner, MA ($86,430)
- Massachusetts — Nonmetropolitan Areas ($85,290)
- Warwick, MA ($82,170)
$75,330 Median salary for registered nurses and clinical nurse specialists in the United States12,13
$90,290 Median salary for registered nurses and clinical nurse specialists in Massachusetts12,13
19.9% How much more registered nurses and clinical nurse specialists earn in Massachusetts than in the U.S. overall12,13
Massachusetts Areas with the Highest Nurse Practitioner Salaries
Nurse practitioner is one of the most in-demand healthcare roles you can pursue, especially in Massachusetts. The median salary for nurse practitioners is 11% higher in Massachusetts than in the nation overall. Here are five MA cities and regions with the highest earning potential.14
- New Bedford, MA ($136,000)
- Leominster-Gardner, MA ($127,570)
- Boston/Cambridge, MA ($124,880)
- Warwick, MA ($117,910)
- Massachusetts — Nonmetropolitan Areas ($117,260)
$111,680 Median annual salary for nurse practitioners in the United States14
$123,960 Median annual salary for nurse practitioners in Massachusetts14
11% How much more nurse practitioners earn in Massachusetts than in the U.S. overall14
Massachusetts Cities with the Highest Nursing Instructor Salaries
Nurse practitioner is one of the most in-demand healthcare roles you can pursue, especially in Massachusetts. TThe need for more educated nurses and nursing educators goes hand in hand. What’s more, the salary for nursing educators is 17.3% higher in Massachusetts than in the U.S. overall. And in the Boston/Cambridge area, it’s 28.4% higher. Here are cities where you could boost your earning potential after finishing our 2-year nursing program with a nursing education specialization.15
- Boston/Cambridge, MA ($96,900)
- Worcester, MA ($90,840)
- Warwick, MA ($83,360)
- Springfield, MA ($77,600)
$75,470 Median annual salary for nursing education roles in the United States15
$96,900 Median annual salary for nursing education roles in Boston, MA15
28.4% How much more nurse educators earn in Boston, MA, than NPs in the U.S. overall15
- Preparing the Future Nursing Workforce: Challenges and Opportunities for the Nurse Leader. American Nurses Association Massachusetts. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.anamass.org/news/595412/.
- Occupational Employment and Wages, May 2020: 29-1141 Registered Nurses. U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291141.htm#st.
- What Is the Average MSN Salary by State. ZipRecruiter. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.ziprecruiter.com/Salaries/What-Is-the-Average-MSN-Salary-by-State.
- Nursing Manager Salary in Boston, Massachusetts. Salary.com. Retrieved March 9, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/alternate/nursing-manager-salary/boston-ma.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Massachusetts. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/ma?sortby=salary50&isasc=0.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Boston, MA. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/boston-ma.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Wellesley, MA. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/wellesley-ma.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Salem, MA. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/salem-ma.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Wayland, MA. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/wayland-ma.
- Clinical Nurse Leader Salary in Burlington, MA. Salary.com. Retrieved March 14, 2022, from https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/clinical-nurse-leader-salary/burlington-ma.
- Massachusetts Wages for: 29-1141.00 – Registered Nurses. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localwages/29-1141.00?st=MA&g=Go.
- Massachusetts Wages for: 29-1141.04 – Clinical Nurse Specialists. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localwages/29-1141.04?st=MA&g=Go.
- Massachusetts Wages for: 29-1171.00 – Nurse Practitioners. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localwages/29-1171.00?st=MA&g=Go.
- Massachusetts Wages for: 25-1072.00 – Nursing Instructors and Teachers, Postsecondary. O*NET OnLine. Retrieved March 8, 2022, from https://www.onetonline.org/link/localwages/25-1072.00?st=MA&g=Go.