From a Top-Ranked Accredited University
Founded in 1963, Sacred Heart has committed to providing an affordable, quality education to the community – on-ground and online. The first Catholic university founded to be led and staffed by laypeople, SHU is a leader among Catholic institutions and a recognized pioneer in higher learning. We are ranked among the top universities in the North (#38) by U.S. News & World Report, as well as among the Top 10 Best Colleges for Veterans (North region).
Discover the Best of Sacred Heart Online - Anytime
At Sacred Heart, we support you in your journey to gain greater skills and knowledge to become a change agent for good. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the convenient and flexible online format. With these online programs, you can schedule and complete courses around your work and personal commitments. Classes are taught by the same renowned faculty as on-campus courses and are available online, 24/7. Once enrolled, you will also be assigned a Student Services Coordinator who will help you throughout your online program journey – from enrollment each term, through graduation!
Accredited online degrees include:
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN): Earn the undergraduate degree that is increasingly a necessity for a successful nursing career.
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN-MSN): Combine your BSN and MSN degree studies in one program to save time and money and reach advanced career goals faster.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Move up to a leadership role with a sought-after credential. Offering three specializations.
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology (MSAP): Learn how to use psychological principles to create a better workplace and a healthier community. Offering three concentrations.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Coming soon! Now enrolling for a Fall 2016 start.
Other online program offerings:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) online: This four-level, non-credit certificate program is available to students nationally or internationally. This program helps non-native speakers learn English as a second language entirely online in just one year.
Respected Accreditation & Rankings
- Sacred Heart University is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges.
- Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).1
Learn more about Sacred Heart University's online undergraduate and graduate degree programs! Click here to request more information or call 877-791-7181 to speak to one of our admissions advisers today.
Sacred Heart University is able to offer these online programs to residents of most states in the U.S., but is still awaiting full approval from a few select states, including Maryland and North Carolina. Please consult the State Authorizations page to determine if you are located in a state in which Sacred Heart University can confer an online degree or call us at (877) 791-7181 for any questions.
1 Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791
Sacred Heart University meets the standards set forth in the rules of the Texas Higher Educations Coordination Board and is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code; Sacred Heart University is approved and accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, the Connecticut Board of Higher Education, and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Texas Workforce Commission
Career Schools and Colleges-Room 226-T
101 East 15th Street
Austin, Texas 78778-001