From a Top-Ranked Accredited University
Founded in 1963, Sacred Heart has committed to providing an affordable, quality education to the community – on-ground and online. The first Catholic university founded to be led and staffed by laypeople, SHU is a leader among Catholic institutions and a recognized pioneer in higher learning. We are ranked among the top universities in the North (#38) by U.S. News & World Report, as well as among the Top 10 Best Colleges for Veterans (North region).
Discover the Best of Sacred Heart Online - Anytime
At Sacred Heart, we support you in your journey to gain greater skills and knowledge to become a change agent for good. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the convenient and flexible online format. With these online programs, you can schedule and complete courses around your work and personal commitments. Classes are taught by the same renowned faculty as on-campus courses and are available online, 24/7. Once enrolled, you will also be assigned a Student Services Coordinator who will help you throughout your online program journey – from enrollment each term, through graduation!
Accredited online degrees include:
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN): Earn the undergraduate degree that is increasingly a necessity for a successful nursing career.
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN-MSN): Combine your BSN and MSN degree studies in one program to save time and money and reach advanced career goals faster.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Move up to a leadership role with a sought-after credential. Offering four specializations.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Our newest nursing program prepares students from various specialties to take on executive level positions in the healthcare industry.
- Master of Science in Applied Psychology (MSAP): Learn how to use psychological principles to create a better workplace and a healthier community. Offering three concentrations.
- Master of Social Work (MSW): Expand your work in social service and responsibility with advanced, comprehensive knowledge that integrates components of both clinical and community practice. into each specialization offered
Other online program offerings:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) online: This four-level, non-credit certificate program is available to students nationally or internationally. This program helps non-native speakers learn English as a second language entirely online in just one year.
Respected Accreditation & Rankings
- Sacred Heart University is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges.
- Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing and Master of Science in Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).1
Learn more about Sacred Heart University's online undergraduate and graduate degree programs! Click here to request more information or call 877-791-7181 to speak to one of our admissions advisers today.
Please consult the State Authorizations page for more information on state approvals and licensure or call us at (877) 791-7181.
1 Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791