Assistant Professor / BSW Program Director
Research and practice with clients with substance use disorders.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Washington University in St. Louis
- M.S.W., Washington University in St. Louis
- B.A., Washington University in St. Louis
- Research Methods
- Human Behavior in the Social Environment
Research Interests and Grants
- Addictive behaviors including substance misuse and eating disorders
- Women's health and mental health
- Implementation science
- Integration of behavioral health in healthcare systems
- Social determinants of health, stress and coping
Awards and Fellowships
- 2010-2015: National Institutes of Health, National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism Loan Repayment Grant and Renewals
- 2013: Grant Generating Project (GGP) Fellowship, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine
- 2012: Career Development Award, Health Outcomes Research, SLUCOR (St. Louis University Center for Outcomes Research)
- 2011: Research Poster Award, College of Human Environmental Sciences, University of Missouri. Title: Disordered eating patterns and alcohol misuse in college students: evidence for “drunkorexia”?
- 2010: Service Award for Outstanding Faculty Advisor, Office of Greek Life. University of Missouri
- 2007-2008: National Institute on Drug Abuse Comorbidity and Biostatistics Pre-doctoral Fellowship, Washington University School of Medicine, Epidemiology and Prevention Research Group. Grant director: Linda B. Cottler, Ph.D.
- 2003-2007: National Institute on Drug Abuse Social Work in Addictions Training (STAR) Pre-doctoral Fellowship, George Warren Brown School of Social Work. Grant directors: Arlene R. Stiffman, Ph.D., and David E. Pollio, Ph.D.
Phone: (203) 396-6339