From a Top-Ranked Accredited University
Founded in 1963, Sacred Heart University has committed to providing an affordable, quality education to the community — on ground and online. The first Catholic university founded to be led and staffed by laypeople, SHU is a leader among Catholic institutions and a recognized pioneer in higher learning. We are consistently top-ranked by various organizations including U.S. News & World Report, and The Princeton Review.
Consistently Ranked as a Top Institution:
Best Colleges in the North
Best Online Bachelor's Programs
Best Online Graduate Nursing Programs
Best College for Veterans
Three-Time College of Distinction
Discover the Best of Sacred Heart Online — Anytime
At Sacred Heart, we support you in your journey to gain greater skills and knowledge to become a change agent for good. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in a convenient and flexible online format. With these online programs, you can schedule and complete courses around your work and personal commitments. Classes are taught by the same renowned faculty as on-campus courses and are available online, 24/7. Once enrolled, you will also be assigned a Student Services Coordinator who will help you throughout your online program journey — from enrollment each term through graduation!
Accredited online degrees include:
- RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN): Earn the undergraduate degree that is increasingly a necessity for a successful nursing career.
- RN to Master of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN-MSN): Combine your BSN and MSN degree studies in one program to save time and money and reach advanced career goals faster.
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN): Move up to a leadership role with a sought-after credential. Offering four specializations.
- Family Nurse Practitioner (MSN FNP): Prepare to provide primary care to families in an advanced practice role by developing the clinical skills and knowledge to treat patients of all ages.
- Post-Master’s Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP): Our newest nursing program prepares students from various specialties to take on executive level positions in the healthcare industry. Explore the plan of study options.
- Master of Social Work (MSW): Expand your work in social service and responsibility with advanced, comprehensive knowledge that integrates components of both clinical and community practice into each specialization offered.
- Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Built with CACREP standards as a foundation, the master's in clinical mental health counseling program prepares mental health counselors to make a difference in the global community.
- Master's in Strategic Communication and Public Relations (MSCPR): Build or advance your digital communication skills in our unique applied learning program and leave with a portfolio that sets you apart.
Other online program offerings:
- English as a Second Language (ESL) online: This four-level, non-credit certificate program is available to students nationally or internationally. This program helps non-native speakers learn English as a second language entirely online in just one year.
Respected Accreditation & Rankings
- Sacred Heart University is regionally accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE), one of six regional associations in the United States that accredit schools and colleges, and the RN-BSN, MSN and DNP nursing programs at SHU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).1
Learn more about Sacred Heart University's online undergraduate and graduate degree programs! Click here to request more information or call 877-791-7181 to speak to one of our admissions advisers today.
Please consult the State Authorizations page for more information on state approvals and licensure or call us at 877-791-7181.
1 Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791